Below you will find the wedding card I created for two of my friends who are getting married in Vegas in a couple weeks. This is both of their second marriage's so when she was describing the wedding/trip she told me she was going to be wearing a "plunging red dress". When I searched through My Cut Search for "wedding", I stumbled across a couple images from the Summer Celebrations cartridge. The first one I cut was more fun and screamed "Vegas", but...it didn't fit on the card I was going to use. I planned on using a plain sheet of 8.5" x 11" white cardstock that I scored at 5.5". The foot of the bride was hanging off of the card and so I had to go back to the drawing board. I found the next image on the same cartridge and although it doesn't scream "Vegas" to me, I think it turned out nicely.
I recorded myself making the card and let me just tell you it was rough! I started out and didn't have all my supplies in front of me and had to walk away from the camera. Then I apparently didn't have the other files from the SD card deleted so the video was full and turned off on me. Ugh. I went through and deleted old video and started recording again. The camera then decided it had enough and ran out of battery. I charged it for 45 minutes and started recording again. The camera stopped recording because again the memory had been all used up. ROUGH! So I deleted a couple more files and continued to record and finally got it done. The video shown below is...funny. There are a couple times that I make random weird comments that made me laugh so I hope it makes you laugh too. I also found in iMovie '11 how to fast forward clips and this helped tremendously. A lot of the video where I'm glueing the pieces on were fast forwarded.
The red piece of cardstock (which is the same as the red from the dress), went through the Cuttlebug folder but was too big so I had to do it in "shifts". This didn't get the product desired but it is hid well with the bride and groom. I layered everything together and then added a splash of ribbon for effect. I thought I had it completed, but I ended up adding some liquid pearls to it for more of a classy feel. The inside was stamped with a My Pink Stamper sentiment.
Here are some pictures:
Here is the video:
For some reason, blogger is not allowing me to embed it on this post. I will go back and fix in a day or so.