Followers

Monday, December 3, 2012

Exploring Cricut Blog Hop!

Hi folks,

Today the design team at Exploring Cricut is having a blog hop!  The rules for the hop were simple.  We were to make a Christmas card.  The only stipulation was that we needed to use our Cricut.  Easy peasy, right?  Right.  Here's hoping you are getting some good ideas for what to do for your own Christmas cards.  :)

So, onto the hop.  If you came from Annette's blog, you are in the right spot!  If you didn't, why not start at the beginning with Diana's blog.

For my portion of the blog hop, I used A Quilted Christmas Cricut cartridge.  My card is 5"x7".  I had in my stock A Merry Christmas paper pad from Die Cuts With a View and trimmed that to 4 7/8" x 6 7/8".  I then used one of the Santa's from A Quilted Christmas and cut him at 5.5".  I layered all the pieces together and used some ribbon to give the card some flare.  The one thing I did not do was use the eyes that were cut out from the Cricut.  They were incredibly too small so I went ahead and took a black marker and colored in the eyes.  Much better, and much less stressful.  :)  Check out the pictures below.





Now, onto the rest of the hop, check out the lineup below and happy hopping!


Craft on,
Ian

32 comments:

  1. Very classic. Love it! I am still looking to buy this cart!

    Happy Holidays,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Georgiana! I'm glad you liked it. :) Yes, you NEED this cart. :)

      Delete
  2. I am with you on the eyes. ;) sometimes pens are just easier. Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad someone can agree with me on this. :) Thanks so much, Diana! :)

      Delete
  3. Cute card I will be sure to be good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharondalyn! You better be good! hahaha. Hope all is well with you.

      Delete
  4. Ian - your eyes on the card look lovely - I have a hard time with those eyes so I leave them out and do my own - add wiggles or draw them in - Thanks for being in the hop and Thanks for sharing and have a great week! http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/

    I have blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail! The eyes are the WORST! lol. I do need to get some wiggles. I'll check your blog out. I love blog candy! :)

      Delete
  5. Love your adorable Santa card !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ian, your Santa is just AWESOME! I love that you drew the eyes in...I agree, MUCH less stressful! I love that saying for the inside of your card as well!!! Super great job!!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jessica! So much less stressful. :)

      Delete
  7. He is fabulous! I agree about the eyes; they are perfect and less stress is better:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annette! :D Yes, the less stress the better!

      Delete
  8. Great card Ian! I love the paper you used :) Where did you get the sentiment inside? Is that a stamp? TFS

    Lucy
    http://love2createitall.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lucy! The sentiment IS from a CTMH stamp. It's from Christmas Cheer D1494. :)

      Delete
  9. Ian, I just stumbled onto your blog and I must say I love your work! I have a question for you, where on earth did you find the little spiked card holder? That is the perfect little device to photograph your work! I will be following you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Allison! :) Great question! The spiked card holder is called a pin frog. Weird name for it, but search Amazon.com or Joann's has it. :)

      Delete
  10. Very Nice! I love those 'Quilted Christmas' images.
    Rae Ann O.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOnderful card! That santa is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Ian! Love this Santa and I agree that the eyes look better drawn in. I too love the inside sentiment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ho Ho Ho! Like your Santa card. Would have done the same as in not using the small eye pieces. Have this cartridge and not used it yet. Thanks for the inspiration. Enjoying blog hop.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Melissa! I hope you can use the cartridge soon!! :)

      Delete
  14. Fabulous - I love this Father Christmas Ian. TFS

    ReplyDelete