Followers

Monday, October 8, 2012

October Exploring Cricut Challenge

Hi friends!

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the nice, colder, Fall weather.  I am absolutely a fan of the Fall.  :)  Fall and Winter are my favorites.  After that is then Spring and then Summer, but I digress.

Anyway, you are here to see some crafty projects and I will get on with the show.  As most of you know, I am on the Design Team of Exploring Cricut.  This week we had a challenge to compete in.  The challenge included making a card, layout, or papercraft project on "Breast Cancer Awareness Month" and our project was supposed to symbolize hope against the fight of this terrible disease with pink and a sentiment.

I wholeheartedly accepted this challenge.  For this project, I turned to my Pink Journey cartridge that I actually just purchased and set out to create a card for those fighting or who have survived this horrible disease.  I knew that I wanted to have a pink ribbon and since I don't have any stamp sentiments designated toward Breast Cancer Awareness I wanted to use something from the cartridge itself.


Here is the front of the card.  I cut the ribbon out in pink cardstock and ran it through my Cuttlebug.  I also took some paper I got from American Crafts as the 2nd base layer of the card.  I placed "Race" on the front of the card.


On the inside of the card, I put "for the cure".  There are many Susan G. Komen walks happening around the United States this month and I encourage you to donate or raise money and walk yourself.  The cards from this challenge will be collected by one of the Design Team members and distributed to hospitals for those affected.

I hope you all had a great weekend!  I'll be back soon with more projects.  Life has been a bit crazy on this end.  It will hopefully slow down soon.  Hopefully...

Craft on,
Ian

7 comments:

  1. Love your card and love the cuttlebug on the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!! Love the embossed ribbon and that great bg paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty with the embossing!

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annette! I always forget I have a Cuttlebug. :)

      Delete