Followers

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Happy Birthday!


Hi folks!

I'm being featured on Cricut Is Close To My Heart today and wanted to share my project.  Today I have a cute little Happy Birthday card I will be sending to my Aunt.  When I saw the new cupcake on the Artiste cartridge, along with the banner, I knew I had to use them together.


I cut the cupcake and banner at the appropriate size as mentioned on the stamp set sheet on white cardstock.  I then inked the stamps and was able to position them just right.

I used a base of white cardstock cut at 4.25"x11", scored and folded at 5.5".  I took some extra Dotty For You paper I had laying around and used a Martha Stewart punch to punch the bottom.  After that, I took ribbon and did the cheater method of taping it on the back, just to add a splash of color.  I adhered the cupcake to the paper and then added Stickles to the sprinkles on top to give it some dimension.


For the banner, I used some pop dots to give it some more dimension.  Once I adhered that, I had a finished card!



A couple things that went wrong with this card, as I think it's important to point out what didn't go right.  Check your Stickles.  I had not used the True Blue Stickles yet.  I store them upside down as you should so that the air bubbles are limited.  When I turned the bottle over, clear liquid leaked out?  This caused the ink to bleed on the cupcake.  I tried to cover it with Stickles, but I know it's there...I just hope my Aunt doesn't notice it.


From there, I was in struggle city, something hit the Stickles dots I had already placed so they smeared a bit.  UGH!  Breathe, Ian, breathe!

When I went to apply the ATG to the back it wasn't on a solid surface, so the cardstock bent.  At one point I almsot started over.

But...I was actually pleased with how the final product turned out.  I'll get that out in the mail tomorrow.  Good stuff!

Thanks for taking a look!

Craft on,
Ian

6 comments:

  1. Fab card Ian - Love the banner! Oh Artiste wherefore art thou :-) TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karon! :) I hope you can get the Artiste cartridge! :)

      Delete
  2. What a great card, your aunt is going to love it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sheila! Glad you liked it. :)

      Delete
  3. Super Cute and Yummy too!!Your Aunt will love it!I do!TFS
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Migdalia! :D You are too kind. :)

      Delete