Followers

Monday, August 13, 2012

Exploring Cricut Challenge

Hi Campers!

Welcome to Camp Strose!  Today over at Exploring Cricut, the design team is doing a challenge using 2 Cricut cuts and 1 monogram.  I stepped it up a notch and did a whole banner.  I am using this as the banner above my RAs programming board (where I track what programs they do).  I have attached the photos below, but will explain what I did.

I used Campin Critters for the banner and Old West for the letters.  I cut the shadow, banner, and the tent covering in all different sizes.  The one thing I found tricky was that the banner was actually a sign.  I only wanted the tent covering and not the words above it so I set out to find another tent image that would do me some good.  I ended up cutting the upper layer of the tent image multiple times so that it would fit perfectly over the tent on the "sign/banner".  All of the paper I used was 8.5" x 11".  I cut the banner at 10.5" and the letters were cut at 5".  The tent covering was cut at 6.5".  It didn't fit perfectly but it was better than cutting out the whole "sign".



On the letters I took a Chocolate Close To My Heart marker and drew on the grains to each letter.  I am very happy with the results.  I hope you enjoy it too!  :)




Don't mind the messy office in the last photo.  That reminds me, I should clean that up soon!  The students will be here before I know it!

Thanks for stopping by!  Now head on out to the campfire and roast some marshmallows.  :)

Craft Camp on,
Ian

19 comments:

  1. This banner is awesome! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Ian! TFS :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific banner. Great campfire too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie! I appreciate you checking it out. The campfire was not me - but I also appreciate the compliment - I'll pass it along!

      Delete
  4. Fabulous banner Ian!!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Ian I love your banner!
    This summer went sooo fast.
    dmcardmaker (at AOL dot com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oyy, yes it did! :( Thanks for stopping by!! :D

      Delete
  6. Super banner and great detailing!
    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome banner Ian! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate the kind words. :)

      Delete
  8. This is just fabulous Ian - amazing. TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete