I am so excited to be a part of my first blog hop! I am participating in Pink E’s “Happy Mother’s Day Blog Hop” this weekend. For my portion of the blog hop, I did two projects for my mom. I made a card and her present, which I hope she will like.
The blog line-up is listed below!
1. Creations by PinkE @ *http://simplypinke.blogspot.com
2. Creations by Rosie @ *http://www.createdbyrosie.blogspot.com
3. Kricut Krazy @ http://www.kricutkrazy.com
4. Card Creations by Lorraine @ http://cardcreationsbylorraine.blogspot.com/
5. Creations by Beulah @ http://beulahscreations.blogspot.com/
6. Stampin Voila @ http://melissastampingvoila.blogspot.com/
7. Susie Craft Happy @ *http://www.susiecrafthappy.com/
8. AJ Scrapbooking and Cards @ *http://anjenicgibson.blogspot.com/
9. A Newbie Crafter @ http://anewbiecrafter.blogspot.com/ <=====You are here!
10. Crazy About Cricut @ http://www.crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com/ <===== Next Blog!
11. Melody Lane Designs @ *http://www.melodylanedesigns.blogspot.com/
If there is an * next to the designers name, they have a giveaway.
If you have come here from http://anjenicgibson.blogspot.com/ then you are in the right place!! If not, why not start from the beginning at Pink E’s blog @ http://simplypinke.blogspot.com! With Mother’s Day quickly approaching you don’t want to miss any of these crafty blogs for AWESOME inspiration to make something super special for all the MoM’s in your life.
For my project, I did a card and a repurposed project. My card recipe is below as well as a little bit about the project I made. For a tutorial, and if you have time, I hope you will watch the video I made of me making the card.
White cardstock (5.5” x 11” – scored at 5.5”)
Dotty For You paper from Close to My Heart (green/pink)
Recollections paper (red, black, white)
Watermelon cut at 3.5” from the Simply Charmed Cricut Cartridge
Sentiment from My Pink Stamper
Ink pads from Close To My Heart
My mother is also a pilot. She co-owns a small plane with my father and another couple that live close to them. Each pilot is required to fill out a Pilot Log Book. I repurposed the front of this Log Book to give it a homemade feel. Whether she can actually use it or not, I hope she is able to enjoy it. I was not able to take a picture before I sealed the box (read: I forgot and jumped out of bed because I originally forgot to take pictures of the card.) When I finally took pictures of the card, and sealed the box back up, I again realized I never took pictures of the repurposed Pilot Log Book. You can see the finished project in the video below. :)
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you’ll consider subscribing to my blog for more projects to come your way soon!
So, from here you are on to http://www.crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com/, so you don't lose track! Thanks for joining me in PinkE's first Blog Hop!!